Made some real progress this last weekend.  Got the rear-end and the left front arm installed.  I still need to get a new bushing pressed into the right front arm.  Learned several important lessons this weekend.  It’s important to have a task in mind before you sit down and work on it.  Figure out what you are going to accomplish and what is required to make that happen.  Example: I bought a 1/2″ drill bit to open up the lower arm mounts on the rear-end.  I sit down to get to work on it and I realize that the shank is also 1/2″ so it won’t fit into my drill.  Duh.  So I look for something else to do, figuring that I won’t go shopping until later.  I got into doing the front arm and some other things without being prepared.  Just makes the process take longer and adds to the frustration.  Hey, this is all about the learning experience right!

The rear-end wasn’t quite as difficult as I imagined it would be.  Everything appears to be lining up good.  I’ve found a few spots that I missed with the POR-15.  I haven’t decided if I’m going to touch them up with some other paint or try to find some more POR (I used up all that Mark gave me).  Or I could just leave it.  It’s not in visible spots.  The front left went on pretty easy too.

Next is attaching the f-panels and firewall, then dropping in the steering rack and column.  Then it’s on to the gas tank.  I think I’ve got about 8 gallons of gas in it so I need to pump it out somehow first.  I also need to get tires, a battery and brake rotors, pads and shoes.   Money, money, money!

Lastly, I posted a video of the New Years Day drive to DC.  It’s under the CACC folder for that event.  Let me know what you think!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *