Happy Independence Day!
Lot’s happened since I last wrote in here. Unfortunately, not much with the Cobra. The big news is that we will be moving into a new house in late August/early September. That’s occupied most of our time. The result is that’s I’ve spent virtually no time working on the Cobra.
I did manage to get the fuel lines run and then realized I had forgotten to double flare them. So I pulled them back out. Haven’t double flared them or put them back in but it should only be a 30 minute job. Har! I also got an Odyssey 925 battery. My intention is to place it over the passenger footbox. Looks like there will be enough room there. Got a battery minder to keep it topped off when I’m not driving it for an extended time. I’ve heard good things about this battery but time will tell.
Went shopping today. I now have everything I need to get to the go-cart stage except a radiator. I’m hoping to pick that up tomorrow. My hope is to have it legal before we move. It won’t be finished of course. No bodywork to be done. But if it’s driveable (safely) I’ll be happy.
Updated the costs and I think I’ll break past $15k into the car before the end of the week. Pretty good considering the budget!
More to come soon I think