I’ve had all kinds of problems with this tonight. Luckily, none have affected the operating stack which is a pair of 3750’s. Not E’s or V2’s but original 3750’s. I’m trying to add a 3750X which is supposed to work just fine. I’ve done all kinds of things including about 10 different versions of 12.2.55 to no avail. I had another problem with the 3750x being LANBASE so I got a temp license (which I’ll have to pay for) for the IPBASE image. The versions, license levels and all of that are exactly the same. Then I stumble across this post:
I recently stacked 3750x-48pf-s running ip base with 3750v2-24. I originally attempted to use 12.2(55) but the stack failed to initialize, almost like the stack ports on the 3750x were err-disabling.
After some hair pulling I downgraded to 12.2(53) ( lowest version supported by both) and it did a full EEPROM rewrite on the 3750x. The stacking worked properly after that.
That is exactly my problem!
I’m currently installing 12.2(53) and it’s running a lengthy microcode update. I mean lengthy. This better work!
Update: Downgrading all of the switches to 12.2(53) worked although the new 3750x decided to be master and wiped out my config. Good thing we had a backup.
No, I’m not talking about myself. I’ve embarked on an ambitious project that is sure to never get completed. On my way there I’m working on getting an RN-XV “cheap” WiFi adapter talking to an Arduino. I’ve had all kinds of issues getting it connected and it all comes down to spaces.
I’ll have more detail later about what I’m trying to do but, my immediate issue boiled down to my use of $ in my passphrase. The RN-XV and actually the RN-171 it’s based on has a nice feature of escaping spaces in SSIDs and passphrases with a $ by default. This took some digging to find out but once I did I was able to change it.
Connect to the RN-XV from your console. I used the Adafruit XBee adapter kit through a com port on my PC. Do $$$ to get into CMD mode. From there you can do a couple of things. For my purposes I needed to do the following:
<2.30> get opt replace
You can see I’ve already changed it here but the default would be Replace=0x24 which is $ in ascii. To change it:
set opt replace 0x26
Then don’t forget to “save” or it’ll revert to the wrong character. You can also check the saved WLAN settings with “get wlan”.
Now that I have it successfully connecting, getting it to do something might be a little more of a challenge. I’m trying to work with this library but it’s proving to be a challenge. More here as I figure that out.