Stuck bolts

Finally got to some cleaning today.  If today is any indication, the cleanup process will take longer than I’d like.  Hopefully everyone is right in that getting to the go-cart stage is quick.  Most of what I did today was disassemble the front arms and start on getting the driveshaft off the rear-end.  The driveshaft is proving troublesome as I was only able to get two bolts off with the impact hammer.  I sprayed it liberally with Liquid Wrench but nothing.  Hopefully letting it set for a day or two will make the difference.  I also muddled around with the engine a bit.  Took all of the accessories off the front and started looking at disconnecting the vacuum and wiring lines.  I tried to remove the “H.O.” cover off the upper manifold and in the process destroyed two torx bits!!!  Argh!  Sprayed them with Liquid Wrench also and I’ll give them a couple of days to soak in.  Looks like cleaning will take a couple of weeks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *