Last night I reached what I consider a major milestone with the Cobra. I plugged the wiring harness’ back in after finishing the trimming. It didn’t start on the first try but it did on the second! Idled kind of rough but I suspect that’s because I didn’t tighten things down, like the battery terminals, and/or because I have a ground that I know I need to re-attach. The important thing is that I didn’t remove anything I absolutely needed!
The wiring was a bit of a mental hurdle and I’m glad I’ve crested the hill with it. I’m not done by any stretch, but I feel like I understand what most of the wiring is doing now. At least from a fundamental sense.
Next up is hooking up the lights and making them work properly. I’d like to verify that before I start tying the wiring into the car. Easier to fix things while they’re draped over the frame. I expect to have issues with the lights.
I’m excited about the possibility of actually having this thing on the road in a month or two. It’s been a long time and I’m ready to drive it.