Wow, it’s been a while. I scored some of the Nortel IP 1535’s thanks to NerdVittles and this gives me a good opportunity to try to upgrade my Asterisk system to the latest and greatest version. Naturally I want to go with PIAF and they just patched to Asterisk 1.8. I’ve considered using the Incredible PBX build but I don’t think I need all that stuff so I’m going to try straight PIAF first and see if I can get the Google Voice parts working at least.
First up, I’ve installed it in VirtualBox. Now, I’m concerned that there might be a stuttering problem because it’s virtualized. No way to know until I get a phone online. I’m hoping this will help but I installed the VB additions. It was relatively painless following the steps at if (!1) 0 with the exception of changing the kernel version to match. Rebooted and it looks ok so far.
More to come as I get phones online.