Power steering

I’ve made a number of changes since last year.

I decided to go with power steering. I was a little concerned about the difficulty of turning the stock de-powered rack. I had been considering getting a remanufactured rack from Autozone. I just decided that I would try the power pump first as I still had it from the donor. Hopefully it won’t be too loud in the long run.

I mounted the Odyssey battery over the passenger footbox. I still need to trim down the rather tall posts, but it seems to fit in there nicely. I’m thinking about figuring out a way to mount the computer to the underside and tie it into the bolts from the battery tray. The passenger footbox is a little tight to begin with so it’ll be nice to get a couple of extra inches there.

I partially installed the heater. I think I’m going to take it out and weld some pipe holes in. I’d like to be able to get some heat over to me, not just the passenger.

I picked up some Street Performer seats from Rob Burton in CACC. My backside’s a bit tight but I kind of like the idea of not sliding around at all. From what I’ve read it’s going to take some tweaking to get them to fit.

Leave a Reply